Friday, January 1, 2010

New Beginnings

Well here it is. January 1st. I have been preparing for this day for months now. In a desperate attempt to shake myself from the fat laden foods of comfort, ease and routine, I decided to go one year meat free. For health reasons, I know I needed to reduce the amounts of harmful, saturated fats in my diet. As most of you know, that is much easier in theory than in practice.  Most of us were raised with those, meat and potato dinners, those bacon and egg (or sausage) breakfasts. So in order to force myself to think outside of the box when it came to my food choices, I knew that I would have to A) make it challenging and B) make it known.  I would need to do something so that a lot of people would know and there was no way I could back down and  eat a cheeseburger simply because it was more convenient. I already half-heartedly maintained a blog so I came up with the idea to blog my meat free year. The more followers, the more people who knew, the more I would be motivated and held accountable for my actions.  I'm not saying I will be 100% successful. I sure hope to be though. If at anytime during the year I stray, I WILL most certainly post it here and I hope that there will be many voices to push and guide me back onto my path. I do intend to keep milk and eggs in my diet. I don't feel as if I am educated or ready enough to cut out the essential vitamins (b12) that they offer.  Through this blog, I will share the journey. I'll post photos, recipes, tips that I find along the way.  Thanks for coming along with me on this wild new ride.

3 comments:

  1. My Dear Sarah, I am looking forward to following your new challenge and will be with you every step of the way! May 2010 bring you everything you wish for! Love Jacquii x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a brave soul, Sarah. I respect your willingness to try to get more healthy and to let us follow you on this journey. Hopefully, you will inspire some of the rest of us to change some of our own unhealthy ways. I hope these beginning days will be easier than you are expecting. Hugs ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I was meat free for a few years also and it was a challenge but it was one of the best things I have ever done for myself!

    ReplyDelete