Saturday, January 30, 2010

30 Days Meat Free

They say it takes 30 days to break a bad habit. I don't know who they are but I think they might be on to something. I am finding it much easier to be in a meat free mindset. Menu planning is becoming much easier the more meat free meals that I make and enjoy.  I have added in some soy products that I have found to be good substitutes for the real thing. No...they don't taste just like the meat...but they are tasty in their own right.  My favorite I think is the Buffalo Chicken nuggets from Morning Star.  I like to bake them, then chop them up and make a wrap with them.  A nice whole grain wrap with the nuggets , lettuce, tomatoes, onions and some homemade ranch dressing.  I was surprised at how good it was...and how easy it was to make.


I do have to say...that I truly appreciate the support that I get from friends and family. Whenever someone says, hows it going, or have you tried, or..I saw this and thought of you...it makes me feel good. It makes me feel like I can accomplish this goal. For the most part, all of my friends have been supportive.  I get the negativity from a few but I take it in stride.  They just don't have the mind set for the journey and can't fathom why anyone else would put themselves on that path.  I like to challenge myself. How will I ever know how far I can grow as a person if I don't push myself past what I know.  My sophmore biology teacher told us that the minute something stops growing it begins to die. It was a very profound statement and it impacted me greatly.  I try to teach myself new things, to reach for new horizons so that I can grow as a person.  I don't expect everyone I come in contact with will understand that and I don't judge them for that.  Someone once said, don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their journey is about.  I think I will leave you all with that thought.  Until next time friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment