Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm Strong To The Finish

I am afraid that I enjoyed dinner a little to much tonight.  My tummy is quite full and happy as I type this.   Tonight I did what I usually do, take a recipe that sounds delicious and then personalize it.  I love  Espinacas con Garbanzos--Spinach and Garbanzo beans.  But after having chili for dinner last night, decided to Italianize tonight's dinner.  I took the basic recipe for Spinach and Garbanzo Beans and left out the Cumin, I then added some pesto in it's place (LOVE PESTO) and mixed in some Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous.  By adding the couscous....I made this meal into a complete protein.




Espinacas con Garbanzos


1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic minced (I buy the jars of minced and use 1 tsp)
1/2 onion diced
1 (10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
1 (12oz) can of garbanzo beans drained
1/2 teaspoon Cumin

Heat olive oil and saute onions and garlic.  Add spinach, beans and Cumin and cook til heated.



It's a pretty easy, quick, not to mention cheap recipe. You could serve it over rice, or noodles, or even couscous as I did.   For those wanting to make it Italianized, just substitute to taste your favorite pesto recipe.
I used the Tastefully Simple Pesto Mix for this dinner but I do buy the jarred pesto mix on occasion.  I used the Near East brand of couscous. I made the whole box but added only half.

I have not been blogging about my breakfast or lunch meals because I find those meals very easy to go
meat free. I usually have oatmeal or a Nutrigrain frozen waffle for breakfast, and lunch is usually leftovers from
the night before.  Do you think I need to include these into the blog also?

No comments:

Post a Comment