Sunday, January 17, 2010

Memory Lane

I spent a good portion of the day editing some photos. Once I learn something new in Photoshop, I have this need to try and apply it to all my photos. Some it works with, some it doesn't.   I've become a big fan of the soft focus look lately. It just feels so much warmer and more intimate.  I came across a photo from a Birthday Portrait shoot that I did a few years ago of my oldest niece. She was 16. In a few months, she'll be turning 18. Can hardly believe that the time has gone by that fast.  All those memories come flooding back. The first time I held her, first time I heard her say my name, first Christmas, first day of school. It all seems like it could have happened yesterday.  I feel sometimes like, if I blink, I'll open my eyes and it'll be her wedding day, or she'll be bringing home a baby of her own.  It goes to fast. Way to fast.

1 comment:

  1. Opal is a true natural beauty. This picture is gorgeous. I know how you feel about in a blink of an eye, it happened to me with Stephen :(

    ReplyDelete