Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hello friends! Things are going good here. Day 12 and still meat free.  People are asking me if I am missing the meat yet.  I have to say, this is going surprisingly well so far. Granted it has only been 12 days. I imagine that the tough part will come in a few weeks when all the newness and excitement of the lifestyle change has worn out.  One of the things that I hear from people when they hear I am going meat free is...I could never do that. It's too hard.  And one of the things that I wanted to do while preparing for this was to find things that were easy, so that  the issue of to hard would not arise. I want it to be easy and relatively inexpensive so that it would be easy to stick with.  Tonight's dinner for example was a taco wrap.  I used an square wrap, spread it with some taco seasoned refried beans, added shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, and sour cream and cheese, and rolled it up. Simple, cheap and very tasty. And..not only that...very nutritious. The beans were fat free, the sour cream was Daisy Lite and the wrap was a flax, oat bran, and whole wheat wrap made by Joseph's.   Very heart healthy indeed.  The biggest problem I have with wraps is eating them.  Always make a mess.  But that's what they made forks for right.  Does that look tasty or what? Washed it down with a big glass of iced tea. I'll admit..I wanted a Pepsi.  I'm trying to give up pop (soda). Let's just say...I am having a much easier time giving up the meat.  I've decided not to push as hard on the pop. One monkey at a time.  ;-)


1 comment:

  1. That looks wonderful.... wonderful....

    it would go great with pepsi!!

    ReplyDelete