Friday, June 11, 2010

Fountain Of Youth

Rockford this year is hosting a City Market every friday afternoon along Water St. by the river.  It is a city sponsored farmers market/artisan fair.  Today was opening day. The weather was hot and humid. What a perfect day to open. The market is set up a block from my work and I love that I can walk down on a friday after work and pick up fresh produce, or some cheese or bread.   I wandered around today and just bought a few root vegetables as not much is in season yet. Down toward the end of the market and behind the fountains are located. They had them turned on today. How wonderful. I love the little kids running through. Hearing them laugh and scream makes me feel like a kid again. I had my camera and got one shot of a little girl who would run up to the spray and stand for a minute and then run squealing away. She was absolutely the sweetest thing. Well...see for yourself....


2 comments:

  1. Love that picture Sarah! We might have some cherries left next weekend for ya!:)

    ReplyDelete