Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Good Tired

Have been very busy lately. Between work, helping take care of Wyatt while his mommy recuperates, and holding down my own homestead....it can be quite exhausting.  Hoping things settle down into my normal boring routine soon. I have been very diligent, and dare I say eager, in my meat free endeavors. I am finding it much easier, and almost natural, to make meat free meal choices. The soda/pop monkey is proving much more difficult however. If anyone knows of any tips or tricks for getting off the carbonated caffeine, PLEASE share.

One of my favorite meals to make lately is Boca Macs and Sweet Potato Fries. The fries are McCain's and found in the frozen food section of the grocery store. Boca Macs are Boca All-American Grillers on whole wheat buns with homemade thousand island dressing, lettuce, cheese and onion.  Now, I'm not going to tell you that it tastes exactly like a Big Mac, but for a meat free substitute...it's pretty darn good.

I've been making a lot of homemade stir fries lately too. Lots of fresh veggies and such over brown rice. Haven't made it so far as to try making my own sauces yet but a few tips for quick and tasty stir fries....use the cole slaw (broccoli slaw is my favorite) bagged mix and if your store has it...the salad bar. Pick up some fresh chopped veggies for less than chinese take out. And...a rice cooker is my new favorite invention.  I found a cheapie $10 one at the local pharmacy here...wasn't betting on it to really work and was very surprised when it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment