Sunday, October 17, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

I've been working some more with those textures. I found a wonderful site, Shadow House Creations , that has a plethora of amazing textures.  I just have to show the latest portrait I've done using an oil cloth texture that I dl'd from the site.


I did a mild gaussian blur on the texture to simulate the slight bokeh that was going on with Dalton's shoulder arm area.  I then combined the layers and added a vintage pink layer from a palette also downloaded from ShadowHouse Creations.  I set the blend mode of that to overlay and reduced the opacity to 30% to give Mr. Dalton a nice baby pink glow.  This kid is seriously white otherwise ;) It also helped to reduce some of the dry baby newborn skin he had going on.  I am rather loving this portrait of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment